top of page

Rushville adopts new village seal

Writer: council06council06

The Village Council passed a resolution last night adopting a new seal for the Village of Rushville. The seal was designed to commemorate the historic two-lane covered bridge that once spanned Rush Creek connecting the two Rushvilles. The bridge was built by Nathaniel Coulson in 1842 and served as a toll stop along the Zanesville-Maysville Pike which would later become Old State Route 22. It was ultimately demolished in 1928 to make way for a modern steel bridge that could accommodate heavy automobile and truck traffic. Though it is gone it remains an important part of Rushville’s wonderful history.



 
 
 

Recent Posts

See All

Notice of sale of Village land

NOTICE FOR BIDS IN SALE OF VILLAGE LAND   Notice is given that sealed bids will be received at the Village of Rushville, 3198 Market St.,...

Comments


The Village of Rushville

740-785-0982

3198 Market St.
Rushville, OH 43150

©2024 by Rushville. Proudly created with Wix.com

bottom of page